Avanade Inc. Business Development - Chicago, IL in Chicago, Illinois
At Avanade, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there is no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being daring, imaginative - and fast. We believe big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, encourage, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive with turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the globe. Ultimately, we are not just making business better - We are making life better.
As part of our Midwest Region, in a highly strategic Business Development role, you will be responsible for driving revenue through prospecting, acquisition, development, and expansion customer opportunities. You will help build and execute sales strategies and drive proposal efforts. You will provide deep expertise in lead qualification, opportunity assessment, opportunity development and proposal development. You will work with Avanade’s Offering Development, Marketing and Regional Market Unit Teams, Accenture, Microsoft, and Solution Alliance Partners in North America to achieve Avanade business growth and client success.
As a Business Development Professional, you are responsible for leading and running the entire professional services sales cycle. You drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring, and developing new and fast-growing business with direct clients. You also work closely with partners driving new business. You build a pipeline for growth and closing business, including statements of work and contracts. You interact with new and current clients, gain referrals from them and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions, contending offerings and penetration of services and solutions.
Your Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Building and maintaining access to key business decision makers and generate C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace
- Understanding the needs of your partners and marshal the right resources with direct authority
- Meeting with potential clients to grow, maintain and demonstrate relationships
- Applying and demonstrating the Avanade Sales Process, solution selling and account management practices in Professional Services
- Using detailed, comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners
- Travel to your client’s site, as needed
You are a dealmaker and self-starter who develops and wins new business in a complex consulting environment with sophisticated technology solutions. You work with energy, drive, and dedication to overcome obstacles to achieve your goals. You take ownership and encourage others to make a positive impact. You have superb interpersonal skills and can establish relationships and neutralize conflict with colleagues, clients and others at any level inside and outside your organization.
Your Background and Skills Include:
- Selling Digital, Cloud, ERP deals or other large-scale consulting engagements that include global delivery
- Working effectively with Accenture, Microsoft, and other partners to grow their book of business
- Previewing, identifying, and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management
- Crafting and positioning business results-oriented propositions
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics
- You will have proven experience in business development, relationship building & advanced closure, and in driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.