Avanade Inc. SAP on Azure Cloud Architect in Detroit, Michigan
SAP on Azure Architect
About the role:
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we!
Growing Cloud in the market is a strategic priority for Avanade. The focus of this role is continued growth building on Azure within an SAP architecture. As an SAP on Azure Cloud Architect you will build balanced and sustainable concepts for our customers, implementing technological developments of the Cloud area in close coordination with the portfolio management. In this Senior role, you will also support customers in building modern, powerful application systems through consulting, architecture and implementation of sophisticated software applications. You will apply knowledge of Azure and SAP to create and deploy innovative solutions to our clients. You will develop relationships with key stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Day to day you will:
• Actively shape and implement innovative Cloud and Azure solutions with Microsoft technologies for our clients in SAP environments
• Define the technological standards for SAP architecture and the Cloud Azure environment.
• Work throughout the entire project cycle - from the analysis of the requirements, through the compilation of the duties, design, implementation, testing and documentation
• Undertake professional and technical reviews to ensure a convincing quality outcome and in this role we travel to client locations as needed
You enjoy cloud architecture and are serious about enabling clients to take maximum advantage of cloud services and offerings. Clients see you as a trusted adviser with extensive knowledge of the Azure platform. Ideally, you are familiar with SAP and have had some experience or exposure to SAP Landscape Architecture. You have held previous roles in large-scale enterprise transformation programs and demonstrated experience in multi-vendor, multi-tower programs, including partnering with Microsoft!
• Active Knowledge of Microsoft Azure (Data Lakes, PowerBI, API Management, RPA, Service Bus, Logic Apps, etc)
• Developing, architecting and implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions, including Azure Active Directory, Network Setup, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Storage and more.
• Knowledge of SAP Architecture (ECC, Suite on HANA, S/4HANA, BW on HANA, BW/4HANA, etc)
• Knowledge of Databases used with SAP (specifically, SQL Server, SAP Sybase ASE and SAP HANA)
• Experience with agile procedures (e.g. SCRUM)
• Good understanding of project financials, P&Ls, etc. considered beneficial
• Skills in analyzing, designing and developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions
• Polished communications skills and ability to communicate technical and business concepts to a variety of audiences
You likely have a Bachelor’s of Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related field, and at least 5 years of professional experience in the IT sector. You enjoy working with global and offshore teams in a fast-paced and ever-dynamic environment.
Travel to client site, as needed
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.