Avanade Inc. Project Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Do you always deliver what you’ve promised? So, do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is great management always making sure that the project delivers what it set out to do and matches expectations.
The role and your impact
The Avanade Project Management team is part of our Delivery Management Talent Community globally and our Project Managers are responsible for successfully delivering projects to Avanade clients through sound project organization, staff management, and adherence to proven methodologies and technologies.
The lifecycle of an Avanade project runs all the way from sales and planning, through execution and closure, with many stops in between. As a Manager in Delivery, you will regularly and throughout the project lifecycle communicate with stakeholders, manage risks and issues, and monitor financial performance. You create and implement technically effective plans that meet operational objectives. You build and guide collaborative teams and forge strong client relationships, balancing a strategic outlook with a practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing needs. Drawing on your business knowledge to coordinate scope, schedule, budget, and time, you ensure successful project delivery as measured and client satisfaction.
You are both technically and operationally experienced, skilled, and results-oriented project manager. You know how to organize diverse resources and bring together multiple stakeholders in support of project goals. Your leadership and organizational capabilities help you to win, no matter how complex or immovable a project obstacle appears to be.
You enjoy working with minimal structure and you enable change around you. You think and work systematically and logically, and your strong communication and negotiating skills are backed up by technical skills and knowledge.
Ideally, you have five to seven years of consulting experience of which at least four years will have been within project and delivery management. Your education likely includes a bachelor’s degree in business or a technology-related field. Project Management qualifications (Prince2, PMI) are preferred but not essential.
You are eager to share your knowledge through presentations and involvement in activities that contribute to the growth of excellence in our Delivery Management Talent Community.
Your general business skills likely include:
· Proven skills in customer expectations management, client interface, interpersonal and presentation skills;
· Good negotiation skills, and clear and concise in both oral and written communication;
· Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically;
· Working knowledge of software development methodologies;
· Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies;
· Solid business acumen;
· Basic knowledge of contract terms and financial management;
· Proven experience of leading project teams;
· Exposure to complex project- and/or program delivery.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures, timelines, budget and quality outcomes;
· Mentor and manage Avanade and sub-contractor staff;
· Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and nearshore workforces;
· Develop and implement change enablement processes throughout the project;
· Contribute to the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools;
· Travel as needed.
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.