Avanade Inc. Cloud Architect in Hong Kong, China
- Interacting with Clients and Avanade sponsors and delivery teams (including partners) focused on solving mission-critical business and technology problems and provide innovative solutions using Cloud Native Application & Integration capabilities and IaaS capabilities of Microsoft Azure
- Executing technical feasibility assessments, solution estimations and proposal development for Cloud Transformation and Application Modernization to Microsoft Azure
- Developing technical and security specifications for the targeted applications/workloads in Microsoft Azure
- Developing a migration / modernization approach to move workloads / application from On-Premises to Microsoft Azure or develop new cloud-native application solutions
- Lead and mentor medium to large sized teams in the migration / modernization workloads or implementations of application and services to the cloud in large enterprise environments
- Document and share technical best practices and insights with the Clients and Avanade community, contributing to Avanade’s repository of intellectual property
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field * 10+ years of information technology experience including 3+ years of hands on experience with public cloud technologies and their implementation with experience in at least two of the following: Azure, AWS, GCP, Ali, Private Cloud * Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends * Experienced on how to build a business case and value proposition for public cloud solution (Microsoft Azure preferred); Understand how to create a business case for modernizing applications on Microsoft Azure * Understanding regulatory compliance requirements in Hong Kong for public cloud usage (Financial and Insurance domain preferred) and how to leverage hybrid cloud * Working experience developing, architecting & supporting application leveraging Microsoft Azure services (including Azure SQL DB, Azure Kubernetes Services, Serverless, Azure Logic Apps) * Demonstrates extensive knowledge around the end-to-end value chain of IT applications and infrastructure on Cloud * Experience in planning and implementing cloud architectures for critical business systems * Experience in solutioning and migrating On-Premise critical LOB workloads to the public cloud (Azure is preferred) and/or implementing cloud-ready applications * Proven track record of building trusted technical and business relationships with senior executives and driving grow in highly strategic or key accounts * Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through * Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively convey strategic concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple levels * Strong problem-solving and analytical skills leveraging all available resources * Ability to connect technology with measurable business value * Demonstrated technical thought leadership in clients facing situations * Exceptional verbal and written communication in both English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) * Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences * Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
Software design or development of highly distributed applications *
Database architectures *
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.