Avanade Inc. Azure DevOps Consultant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Role Overview: As a Cloud Engineer, your focus is on defining and/or delivering modern infrastructure architectures for public and hybrid cloud solutions based on the Microsoft Azure cloud and the broader Microsoft technology stack.
Key Role Responsibilities: Day-to-day, your responsibilities include planning and design of the desired relationships and operating models across our client’s software, hardware, networks, people and operations, to effectively operate in a Cloud oriented environment. Additionally, you apply your expertise in technical and consulting knowledge to advise clients on proper governance to ensure stability, and to enable them to evolve their environments to support changing business requirements.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Excellent working experience with Infrastructure as a code (Terraform) is essential. Terraform certification is highly desired.
- Excellent working experience with Azure IaaS including Azure network components and Azure PaaS is essential; AZ-104 certification is a plus.
- DevOps experience; understanding of using pipelines and repositories, experience with at least one of these tools (Azure DevOps, Git, GitHub, GitLab and Bitbucket) + using VS code is required.
- Azure Monitoring tools experience is required.
- Good experience of configuring Linux environment using Ansible Linux is required.
- Good understanding of managing Enterprise Linux OS such as CentOS.
- Good understanding of Kubernetes or Azure (AKS) is highly preferred.
- Atlassian JIRA knowledge is good to have.
- Good understanding of Azure Cloud Security tools like (Azure Waf, Azure Firewall and NSG,…etc) is highly desired.
- Application modernization and containers
- Good understanding of configuring database services on Azure such as (Azure SQL database and Postgres SQL Database,…etc)
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies in a fast growing environment.
- Ability to work individually without supervision and in teams when needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with global teams or projects is desired.
- Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work.
- As a Senior consultant, it is expected that you have a good presentation skills and the ability to transfer knowledge to no-technical stakeholders when required.
- Display leadership by establishing goals for the team and members of the team if required.
- Be savvy with problem-solving
- Be a point of contact for clients
- Terraform Associate
- AZ- 303
- AZ- 500
Preferred Education Background: You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience: 3+ years of prior related work experience, preferably in a technology or consulting environment
Scope of Work:
- Work must be coordinated across different workstreams, processes, or projects.
- Ability to work in different time zone when required.
- Willing to travel abroad when needed.
Accountabilities & Metrics: Accountable for:
- Timeliness, accuracy, and quality of own work
- Chargeability and training targets
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.