Avanade Inc. Back-end Developer (Node.JS API & Azure) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Do you want to put companies back in control of their code? So do we.
You take the best from open-source applications to create bespoke solutions that are both innovation and agile.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results.
About the job
As a Back-end Developer (Node.JS/API/Azure), you will define the functional and technical design, and lead the coding and testing of software applications to meet business requirements. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop solution component and services, with a focus on Node.js, to support business processes.
- Design and implement high quality RESTful APIs
- Under general direction, design, construct, test, implement and optimize portions of basic systems that enable and support business and engineering functions.
- Research technical environment and system needs.
- Define scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned basic projects.
- Collect detailed user and technical requirements. Work with others to analyze collected requirements, translate into programming solutions, and ensure that identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Under supervision, design, construct, test, and implement basic integrated solutions and distributed computing solutions for the customer and Avanade.
- Monitor performance to identify and help resolve system problems.
- Investigate and resolve problems on selected software products and standard systems. Learning to apply appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve technical problems.
- Participate in standard solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements and conversions.
- Maintain security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents.
- Build knowledge on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Backend Application Frameworks: Node.js
- DevOps & Test: Azure DevOps, Git, Grunt, Bower, npm, yarn
- Database: SQL Server, PostgresSQL
- Knowledge on Microsoft Azure. Experience is an added bonus.
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, implement and maintain application code in a variety of contexts
- Ability to develop client-based and/or web-based software solutions
- Knowledgeable about application development, complex code development, application testing, component design
- Knowledge of specific technologies as specified by hiring manager
- Ability to work in teams and individually when needed using Agile development method
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior project and/or consulting work a plus
- Experience working with global teams on projects
- Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Solid written and spoken English skills
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely possess a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You will likely have 1+ year(s) of prior related work experience, preferably in a consulting or technology environment
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.