Avanade Inc. DevOps Engineer in Montreal, Canada
Avanade is looking for a DevOps Consultant who is passionate about software delivery, with strengths in continuous delivery, microservices and cloud infrastructure
About the Role:
You are an accomplished software engineer with a broad skillset including core infrastructure and OS knowledge as well as an understanding of software delivery and object oriented programming methods. You are self-driven, deeply enthusiastic about technology and are capable of getting the job done correctly in high pressure and dynamic circumstances. You are adaptable and can quickly learn technologies and business domains that live outside your core skill set. You will also be able to demonstrate and describe achievements that applied DevOps on previous projects.
- Coordinate with project managers, business analysts, developers, operations teams to understand platform requirements and evangelize ways to drive quality and value to the client stakeholders
- Tenaciously champion core DevOps behaviours like collaboration, communication, and ownership
- Work with development, quality assurance, and infrastructure team members to build an effective continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline
- Share best practices for build and deployment across a number of technologies (Azure DevOps, GitHub Enterprise)
- Drive the team’s triaging capability by taking on challenging problems not understood by front-line support teams
- Developing scripts for automation of every aspect of dev, build & deployment process
- Manage a backlog of tasks centered on continuous improvement of the system
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related education
- Proficient with git and enterprise branching strategies
- Experience with enterprise-level software delivery and release management practices
- Experience in configuring/administering CI/CD for Azure DevOps or GitHub Enterprise
- Experience with micro-services or cloud-based architectures for web or mobile applications
- Experience with securing applications with Azure Key Vault and Azure Active Directory
- Azure Kubernetes, Docker Repository
- Deploying containers, Helm automation
- Authoring custom pipeline tasks for Azure Pipelines or GitHub Actions
- Infrastructure as Code such as Azure ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible
- Code quality and security tools such as SonarQube, Checkmarx, Fortify, VeraCode
- Azure Monitor, Application Insights, New Relic or DynaTrace
- Elastic search, Prometheus, Grafana
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.