Avanade Inc. Growth and Strategy, Manager/Group Manager in New York City, New York
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career…it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you and to your customer.
At Avanade, we:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their business goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate, share best practices, and solve problems through teamwork
- Are committed to growth - for the organization and for each individual
Avanade was founded in 2000 as a joint venture between Accenture and Microsoft Corporation, is currently majority owned by Accenture, and serves customers in more than 24 countries with over 36,000professionals worldwide.
Additional information can be found at http://www.avanade.com
The Growth and Strategy Group Manager assists with formulating an overall strategy for growth and teaming with key leadership to implement strategy. Core skills include: strategic planning, business planning, executive stakeholder management and presentations, implementing change across a global organization and strategic program management. This role will partner with our Global Industry Lead to drive industry strategy and activation.
Specific duties include:
Strategic Program Management and Activation (50%)
- Coordinate and manage Industry strategy activation:
- Develop first level implementation plans for major strategic initiatives
- Coordinate and execute implementation steps
- Work directly with Global Industry Strategy Lead to support activation and enable Global Industry Leadership
- Support alignment with Industry Leadership within the Accenture Microsoft Business Group
- Define Success Factors and critical milestones.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis and work with executive stakeholders to implement strategy
- Develop visual representations of implementations
Manage the Industry Network (20%)
- Establish Industry Network and maintain governance model cross all the global priority industries
- Coordinate the Education plans by industry - team with the industry leadership and Global Learning & Develop to execute training plans
- Work with our extended team to coordinate activities for industry enablement including:
- Industry Newsletter
- Industry Network Site
- Industry Customer references DataBase
- Presentation Development (20%)
- Develop senior level (Executive Committee and Board) presentations
- Discuss findings of strategy work
- Present options and recommendations
- Utilize the latest techniques to present strategic information and recommendations including storyboarding, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
Strategic Planning (10%)
- Analysis of primary and secondary research, including analysis across Industry Businesses
- Interaction with senior subject matter experts
- Interviews with outside experts (including Microsoft)
- Market and financial ROI analysis
- Formulation of recommendations regarding strategic development based on analysis
Scope of Work
- Collaborate with virtual teams
- Plan, manage, and influence team's work
- Set objectives and assist in the delivery of projects or work efforts that have a direct effect on business results within a functional or operational area
- Provide insight into strategic technology planning, business case development, and alignment with parents and industry
- Make independent decisions, which have major impact on function's results
- Maintain strong relationship with and deliver innovation and value to multiple strategic customers
- Provide expert advice, guidance, and recommendations to senior managers
- Demonstrate a strong ability to influence client leaders
- Deliver assigned outcomes with high business impact of high quality and against strict deadlines
- Monitor, evaluate, seek, and provide feedback on the performance and outputs of team members
- Identify, coach, and develop key talent on own team by readily sharing skills, knowledge and information
- 2-4 years in the program management
- Consulting / project-based background
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate complex strategic concepts to a variety of audiences
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Ability to work with a variety of strong personalities
- Broad knowledge of technology landscape
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.