Avanade Inc. Project Manager in Ottawa, Ontario
Do you always deliver what you’ve promised? So do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is great management, always making sure that the project delivers what it set out to do and matches expectations.
You deliver successful projects because of your focus on day-to-day activities and your ability to anticipate and execute changing needs.
About the role
The lifecycle of an Avanade project runs all the way from planning to sales through to execution and closure, with many stops in between.
As a Project Manager, you make sure that they are all delivered on time, on budget and at the highest quality.
You are involved in the sales and estimating phases of each project, as well as in planning, mobilization, execution, and closure. You keep stakeholders updated regularly on progress and status, manage risks and issues, and monitor financial performance.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Develop, implement, and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget and quality outcomes
· Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks and propose and implement adjustments as necessary
· Oversee, report, and respond to project issues and risks
· Develop and implement change management processes
· Grow and maintain good client relationships
· Partner with onshore, offshore, and near-shore colleagues and guide junior team members
You really enjoy working with minimal structure and you think and work systematically and logically, always focusing on the detail and with a customer-oriented attitude. You’re comfortable managing multiple priorities. Your spoken and written communications are always clear, and you have good client interface and management, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Your experience includes:
· Working knowledge of software development methodology and Microsoft platform technologies
· Experience delivering to large organizations leveraging Agile methods
· Basic knowledge of contract terms and earned value reporting.
You probably have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a technology-related field. We’d like it if you are a Project Management Institute Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), although it’s not essential.
You have around three to five years of consulting project management experience and at least two years of management experience.
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.